My "Inspiration" is Music

Hi, Christine Saunders here again with some new ideas on recycling and Altered Art -

One of the themes for March was "Inspiration" and as Music of all kinds inspires me I thought I would make an Altered Art project with a music theme. 

  
I then inked up some cardstock using a clear inkpad  
then embossed it with Pastel Peach and Purple Glow
 embossing powders. I then punched out some 
flowers and added them to create a decorative corner
to the case. Adhesive Gems and were placed in the
centre of each flower and green punched leaves
added to finish.  

Altered Art - Picture Frame.    


I decorated an old CD Case with torn, inked
papers and stamped butterflies onto Vellum which I then embossed with WoW powders - Pastel Peach, Purple Glow and Easter Sparkle. 
I also inked up some old music papers and added these to the front of the case for decoration. 

Embossed Punched flowers.


















I  love altered art and re-vamping things -  making something new from old.  I found an old cardboard picture frame and thought I would alter it  to give it a new lease of life.   I stamped the frame using the "Flourish" background stamp and Pastel Peach embossing powder.

I stamped very lightly with a clear pigment pad so that the image only touched parts of the frame. This gave a distressed look.

I then embossed hearts taken from the "Is it a Bird" stamp set around the frame using Opaque Pastel Blue Regular powder. 

I also used the tree stamp from the same set  and embossed this with Pastel Peach powder three times.  I used an embossing pen to colour in the hearts on each tree branch and re-embossed each one with  with Pastel Pink, Pastel Blue and Purple Glow. The trees were then placed overlapping on the left corner of the frame to finish.

I hope you like these projects.  Take a look around your home and see if there is anything that you can "alter" to create something new. I'll be back next month with more projects using the WoW powders and next time - "Foils" which I love - they are so versatile and make your projects spring to life. Happy crafting.. 

Comments

  1. Lovely artwork Christine. The CD case makes you want to keep your music out on display rather than in a cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two so very lovely projects! They are really wonderfull und so stunning! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment