Tulip Fairy Thank You Card

Hello from hot and humid Texas!! Anne here with a thank you card featuring an adorable fairy by one of my favorite illustrators, Phee McFaddell, that I colored with Copics, and using lots of WOW Embossing Powder.  At 6" x 8", this one is a bit larger than the 6" square and 5" x 7" cards I normally make.  I did this for a couple of reasons. First I wanted plenty of the patterned paper to show and also because I wanted to use both a dry and a wet embossing technique on the oval behind the fairy and I needed quite a bit of that pattern to be visible as well.


The first thing I did was to dry emboss a piece of white cardstock using a Cuttlebug folder and inking the side on which the pattern is debossed with pink chalk ink.  The pink ink was transferred from the folder to the paper in the process.  Then I rubbed across the raised pattern with my Versamark Embossing pad, being careful not to press too hard so as to prevent the embossing powder from sticking to the debossed areas.  Then I sprinkled the Bright White WOW Embossing Powder over it, turned it over and tapped the paper to remove the excess powder, and used my heat tool to melt the powder.  Then I used oval dies to cut the embossed piece, a pink mat and a black mat. I love the effect of the white on a soft-colored background because it reminds me of a hand-carved cameo.


I also used Primary Ebony powder and my WOW stamp set called "Gratitude" to create the greeting and the ticket. The black flourishes are also embossed with the Primary Ebony Powder. I added a mulberry rose, a few velvet hydrangea blossoms and some pearls and Voila! A finished card fit for a queen! Thanks for visiting the WOW blog today.  I hope that all of you who are fortunate enough to attend CHA will stop by the WOW booth and say hello to our lovely Suzy and Design Team ladies.  I just know you'll be inspired by all the eye candy they'll have on display.  For more information about this card, please visit my personal blogHappy crafting, everyone!!


Comments