A Card and a Canvas- Erika Taylor

I love taking color and making it sing. Rainbows, butterfly wings and flowers are all full of inspiration for me and today I've got 2 projects to share with you that are BURSTING with color.

Hello everyone, Erika Taylor here today to share with you an easy to create card and a whimsical canvas. First lets start with the card. For this piece, I used a combination of Bubble Bum, Cotton Candy and Rich Gold embossing powder. I took the cotton candy and Bubble Gum embossing powders and covered a piece of White card stock with them. I heat embossed and let completely cool.

Once the card stock was cool, I put a flower stencil on top and with emboss ink, covered the piece with ink. Then poured gold embossing powder on top, removed the stencil, heat set and VOILA!!!


Love the look of double embossing. You can create your own custom backgrounds using any colours and stencils. I also added a little Embossing Powder to the handmade flower to tie it all together.


Here is the finish project tied up in a pretty pink bow.


Now I wanted to create something a wee bit whimsical, so I grabbed a few of my favorite colors of Embossing Powder and used them to "paint" this canvas. Embossing Pens are a great way to get perfect little details on a project. For this canvas, I used a combination of Sour Lemon, Bay Area Blue, Whirly Pop, Primary Bark,Pepper and Bodacious Blue.



And again the final project full of whimsy and color. The background is created using Faber Castell Gelatos.


Thanks so much for stopping by the Wow Embossing Powders Blog today. I'd love for you to tell me what your favorite color of embossing powder is?

Until next time
Toodles
Erika Taylor

Comments