Acetate Shapes

Happy Sunday and thanks for stopping by the WOW! blog today to see what we have to share.

Today I am going share with you a layout that I created where I embossed, using Neutral Ultra Shimmer and Black Glint, the ultra thick acetate flowers and  flower metal brads. I am always on the lookout for new things to use my embossing powders on. I love trying new surfaces and learning new ways to use my embossing powders. This is the first time I have ever embossed on ultra thick acetate shapes.
 I was a little nervous about what would happen to the acetate shapes once I started heating the embossing powder. My fear was they would warp or curl up and then would not flatten back out. So when I was ready to heat them I laid them flat on my craft sheet and gently applied pressure to keep them in place with a craft pick. I made sure my heat gun was good and hot before putting over the shapes. Once the heat was being applied the petals did want to curl up but I found that if I left the heat on it just a bit longer they flattened back out. I left them lay flat till they were nice a cool before trying to move so that they could harden back up flat. And it worked perfectly!!
So don't be afraid to try new things and if at first it does not work, try it again!!

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to come back tomorrow and see what Irit has to share with you.

Warmly,
Sherrie!!

Comments