A Little Break From Holiday Crafting

Hi, WOW fans! Anne here from the 7 Girls and a Smoking Gun team. Can you believe that Christmas is just over a week away??? I sure can't! I still have lots to do before the big day and I'm not sure I'll get them all finished in time. Since this month is all about the winter holidays, and Christmas in particular, I decided to present a little project that has nothing whatsoever to do with the holidays. Truthfully, as much as I love Christmas, I needed a little break from it so I made a cute little card for a new baby!

This gate fold card could almost (but not quite, in my opinion!) work for either sex even though I made it specifically for a sweet baby girl. I used the traditional baby colors of pink and blue because I think they look so pretty together. I decided not to get too frilly with the layout with only some pretty flowers, pearls and glittery goodness to adorn the design.
I used Opaque Bright White Regular to emboss the letters, which I then cut out and mounted on 2 layers of cardstock that match my color scheme.  I'm not sure how well it shows in the photos but I also used Neutral Ultra Shimmer on the little butterfly baby's wings to make them glitter and shine.
 
I colored in the top half of the letters with a RV02 (Sugared Almond Pink) Copic marker to add some extra contrast to the white outlines of the letters. I think it really makes the glossy white embossing pop!
  
On the inside, I stamped the sentiment and embossed it also in Opaque Bright White Regular. The white adds a softness to the design, giving it an overall pastel feel despite the small touches of red in the paper.

I'd like to mention here that I did a lot of experimenting with different combinations of powders before I decided to go with the white. Cotton Candy, Bubble Gum and Whirly Pop were some of the options I tried but I kept coming back to the white so I finally decided to go strictly with the one color and the Ultra Shimmer to give it a little pizazz. 

  
I hope you enjoyed my little card and that it enabled you, too, to take a little break from your holiday crafting. More information and some additional photos of this project can be found on my blog. Thanks for visiting the WOW Blog today. In case you missed it, on Saturday my team, 7 Girls and a Smoking Gun, posted some very pretty holiday themed decorations. Here's a link if you'd like to check it out.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
Anne

Comments