Art Journal Every Day December - Christmas Traditions

Hi there, Birgit here! Welcome to the WOW! blog today!

This is my last post on this blog. As from January I will be switching to the WOW! UK/Global Blog.
Thank you Suzy, Gina and Wow! Design Team members for a wonderful year! And thank you readers for reading my blog posts! I hope I was able to inspire you and jump start your creativity! Hopefully I will see you all again on the UK blog!

It's almost Christmas and I want to share with you an art journal page about my Christmas tree decorations for which I created an embossed Christmas tree.


I started with applying an Adhesive Sheet (Scrapbook AdhesivesTM by 3L) to a piece of cardstock and embossed it with a mix of green embossing powders, Glamour Green Glitter, Earthtone Olive Regular, Primary Evergreen Super Fine (WOW! Embossing Powders).

AJED december13 - step1  AJED december13 - step2

Then I tore the embossed paper into pieces, creating the branches of the tree.

AJED december13 - step3

I added some turquoise acrylic paint to 2 pieces of patterend paper to create a background and applied the branches to the paper starting from the bottom layering the pieces of embossed paper.

AJED december13 - step4  AJED december13 - step6

I used an E-Z Runner, only covering the middle part of the branches. The edges of the branches being not glued down and curling up a little reinforces the effect of the layers.

AJED december13 - step7  AJED december13 - step8

After I finished the tree I added the journaling using a white sharpie. All the German song titles of Peter
Alexanders Christmas songs :)

AJED december13 - step9

I added crystals as Christmas ornaments and highlighted some of the words.

The wooden snowflake was embossed with Silver Hologram Sparkle embossing powder for a sparkling effect.

AJED december13 - day 8 - detail1

The finished left side:

AJED december13 - day 8 -left

The finished right side:

AJED december13 - day 8 -right

Thank you for stopping by today in these busy times! Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas!!

Birgit

Comments