Happy New Year in Style!

Jen here to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas!  I am now looking forward to celebrating the New Year! I made a fun paper crown to use as decoration or to wear when I ring in 2013!
A front view of the paper crown.  I used paper for the crown part and choose a double sided patterned paper for a fun look.
Here you can see the other side of the paper! 
 I covered the numbers and stars with WOW Embossing glitter powder.  The numbers are Bodacious Blue Embossing Glitter and the butterfly frame behind it is Angel Wings. The stars are covered in Sierra Sunset and Metallic Platinum Sparkle Embossing Glitter. 
 I made a paper medallion and attached the frame and numbers to it.  This was glued to the front of the crown.
 Here you can see the edges of the crown points that are edged in Metallic Platinum Sparkle.  I just used VersaMark along the edges and then covered it with the powder. 
 The stars are attached to a circle punched out and a piece of floral wire between them.
I love these Embossing Glitters from WOW... they are super sparkly and don't rub off like regular glitter.  I love that I can heat set them and not worry about the sparkles falling off later!  The colors are rich and beautiful! 

Happy New Year and we are wishing you wonderful 2013!

Supplies:
WOW Embossing Powders: Metallic Platinum Sparkle, Bodacious Blue, Sierra Sunset, and Angel Wings Embossing Glitter
VersaMark
Patterned Papers: Studio Calico
Grungeboard shapes/ numbers
Helmar Adhesives
Punches: EK Success and Martha Stewart
Floral wire

Comments