Memories!

Hi Folks, Rachel here with my take on our challenge this month. I thought I'd go with the 'New Year' theme and as I like to scrapbook decided to make a Memory Box that I could pop all those bits and pieces in that I collect throughout the year, ready to be used on my layouts.
I decided to use a clock theme, quite appropriate for New Year, and here is what I made:
 
Materials used:
 

 
I used Clear Ultra High Embossing Powder mixed with Red Pearl and Sahara, (from the limited edition Desert Sands set), poured into silicone moulds to make the button embellishments. For the memories title I double embossed with Clear Ultra High and the added a third coat using Mojave from the same Desert Sands set.
 
 
 
For the pocket watch I used Metallic Copper mixed with clear Ultra High, poured it onto my craft sheet and stamped into it whilst it was still molten, (I picked up the detail with a little mica powder).
 
I used the new Canvas stamp for the edge of my box lid. I stamped and embossed onto kraft coloured paper using Vanilla White E/P and then overstamped with the same stamp randomly and embossed again with Metallic Copper E/P. When finished it gave a great effect kind of like Snakeskin:
 
 
Anyhow here is a picture of the completed box lid:
 
 
Well, that's all from me. Don't forget to pop back to see all the other fab projects by our Design Team and upload your entry to our challenge!
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Rachel x
 

 
 
 


 

Comments

  1. Fabulous memory box, Rachel. Lots of techniques and textures - love it!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Love it. So nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment