"WOW" Poinsetta!!!

Well, it's getting closer to Christmas so I thought I would share a Christmas card with a poinsetta that I made using some WOW embossing powder and embossing pen. 



First you need sets of petals and leaves. You can hand draw and cut them or use a die cut if you have one. You will need 3 largest in green, 5 medium in red, 3 small in red and 5 extra small in red. It's actually easier to hand draw them, that way you can just use the embossing pen to draw and then emboss and cut out last. If you draw the petals, just draw a line down the center of each and add "veins"! Curl them upward from the center slightly. Below is a picture of my finished leaves before putting them together.

I used Cable Car Red powder and Tea Garden Green. I sprayed them all with gold glitter spray also!

I cut a small circle for a base from red cardstock and then just started adhering the petals with glue dots in layers like pictured below:


Last, I added the little gems for the centers. I used some old Basic Grey paper and made a satin bow that matched. I also used the Tea Garden Green powder and stamped "Noel" from the Christmas stamp set. I used pop dots and double matted it for the title of the card! That was it!!! You could do this in any color, pink would be pretty, even light blue and silver!!! Lots of possibilities, and you could make them any size you wanted. You could put them in garland, use larger ones on a table.......or make tiny ones!!!

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial, it was really fun making this!! I'm going to make some more colors too!!! Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to check back later to see what else we have in store for you!!!

Patti

Comments