Skateboard

Hi and thanks for visiting the WOW! blog today!

Sherrie here and I am going to share with you a layout I created of our nephew Seth playing with a skateboard (minus the wheels) that we had gotten for our son a few years back for Christmas. When this picture was taken our son was actually really big into skateboarding and so you couldn't just go buy a pre-made skateboard, you had to buy the stuff in pieces to get it exactly how he wanted it. So glad that phase didn't last too long!!

So I started out with just a white piece of cardstock and using the 12x12 Tile Texture template from The Crafter's Workshop, embossed the cardstock using Bodacious Blue Embossing Powder from the Suzy West Glitter Collection. I just love how the background turned out. I think by embossing it, it added just enough color to the white spaces.




I really like using templates/stencils to create a pattern on my backgrounds and then embossing them. Many crafters will use templates/stencils to create background patters using mists or inks but have you tried embossing with them? If not you really should give it a try!!

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to come back tomorrow when Jen shares the monthly team post from 6 Girls & A Smoking Gun!!

Warmly,
Sherrie

Comments