Family Star

Hello and happy Friday everyone!!

So in continuing with this months Stars and Stripes theme I have created a piece that really could be used in a couple different ways. I know typically, especially here in the U.S., whenever we hear Stars and Stripes our thoughts automatically go to 4th of July. But i wanted to do something a little different. So instead I created this piece that can be a wall hanging or an ornament.
I took this picture last Christmas and wanted to do something special with it for everyone. So I thought these would make great little pieces to give to everyone.

I started with a chipboard star album that I took apart. There were five stars pages in the album which worked out perfect. I then covered them with Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap that I had crinkled up. Next I painted over the tissue wrap with some very watered down white paint, because i still wanted the words on the tissue wrap to show thru slightly. I then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Mist Blue Patina. After that all dried I then used my Versamark pad and inked it all up and covered it with WOW! Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Powder.
Next I used the two different dot stamps from the WOW! Funky Boarder Strips Stamp Set along with StazOn Jet Black ink and stamped dots onto the star.
I can't wait to give these out to everyone next time we get together. I hope they like them as much as I do!!

Until next time...have fun crafting and creating with your WOW! products.

Warmly,
Sherrie!

Comments

  1. I love the texture of your star, what a fun family project :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? That texture is drool worthy! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment