Puff Power!!

Hi guys!

I'm here with my FIRST WOW! DT post and I'm super excited!  Thank you so much to Tania and the guys for having me as part of this fab team and thank you to all you guys who have left such lovely comments on here and have taken the time to visit us newbies at our blogs - I don't know about the others, but I feel very welcomed!  :)

Ok, less babbling, more embossing...

As I'm sure you all know, the theme this month is 'Metal'.  I'm not going to lie, I was a little stumped to begin with.  I thought about using metal embellishments or making something to look like metal...but then I was cooking and the light bulb in my head pinged - tin foil!  It's a slightly unusual crafting material I know, but that's just how I roll...

Here's my card...


So now you can see how the tin foil fits into the equation!

I started by covering a piece of card in tin foil, but I used the least shiny side - I didn't want it to be too much!  Also, I saved myself some hassle from a photography point of view, but I've only just realised that ;)  

Once the foil was adhered to the card, I used Versamark ink with the gorgeous 'De-Vine' background stamp from WOW! and embossed it using 'Black Puff Powder'.  It came out so well!  The thing I most love about heat embossing is the texture and interest you can add to a project without having to use a lot of layers, which suits my CAS style.  This puff powder gives so much texture...I can't stop touching it!  I can't explain what it feels like, you'll just have to try it out for yourselves  :)  

I was amazed how well the powder took to the foil as well...not one miss or smudge or stray grain of powder - just perfect.

I cut the Teal mat for the base, created my black and white banner for the top and sewed that onto the background.  I then made that cute little button using 'Primary Fuchsia Fusion' and created the sentiment banner using the same powder but on Turquoise card.  I like how it's changed the colour slightly - it has an almost mauve tinge to it which is pretty!  For the sentiment I used the 'Express Yourself' stamp set.  This is such a versatile set of stamps...each word is separate and so you can create a sentiment of your choosing :)

Here is a close up of that puff powder on the foil...


Can you see the texture?!  Cool, huh!!?  :)

Thanks so much for joining me for my first post...I hope you all enjoyed it and I can't wait to see what you talented bunch come up with...I'll be keeping a beady eye out for more 'Metal' ideas!  

Keep checking back in because there are plenty more gorgeous DT samples on their way  ;)










WOW! Supplies
Stamps:    De-Vine, Express Yourself
Powders:  Black Puff Powder, Primary Fuchsia Fusion

Comments

  1. Sian, I love the look of that! What a great project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing - what a clever idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, was für ein toller effekt, schuat super aus!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top-notch post; top-notch, eye-catching, brilliant card! Tin foil as your 'metal' choice is phenomenally clever, and the embossing amps up the impact! WOW, WOW and WOW!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the Black Puff texture yummy? I love your take on this month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment