Antique...CAS-style

Hello!

I hope you're all enjoying the theme of 'Antique' this month - we've had some fabulous projects from the Design Team so far and there are many more inspiring projects to come, so keep your eyes peeled!

As a CAS girl, antique isn't usually the style I gravitate towards but I sure enjoyed the challenge!

Here is the card I made...


I went with patterns and a neutral/sepia based colour palette to give the impression of age because that's what the word 'Antique' implies to me.

I started by heat embossing some ivory hammered card using the Vintage Wallpaper stamp and Metallic Gold Rich Pale.  This colour is great because it's not quite as bright as the Metallic Gold Rich, but is still very gold and decadent. Then, I stamped the French Music background stamp on some buff card using Versamark ink and Primary Bark embossing powder.  I used some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to add to the aged effect.  I love these background stamps - they're so pretty and the impressions are perfect every time :)




The flower was made using the Tattered Florals die in ivory card.  I inked the edges with gold ink to tie it in with the metallic gold background.  Add a little banner in chocolate brown and some pearls and c'est voila - it's complete!!  The banner and musical mat are popped up on foam adhesive to add a little dimension to my CAS-Antique card.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you talented bunch come up with and there's still plenty of time to get your entries in!  :)











WOW! Supplies
Vintage Wallpaper background stamp
French Music background stamp
Metallic Rich Gold Pale embossing powder
Primary Bark embossing powder

Comments

  1. loving the background - gorgeous make and a great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, your card/work of art is gorgeous!! I had to do a complete u-turn on this challenge as went down vintage route. Doh. Have madly bn searching "Antique" looks. Just hope can enter in time. If I can come even close to yr creation, I'll be happy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment