Key to my Heart Canvas

Hi there WOW fans, I am so excited to be showing you my canvas project today.  I absolutely love, love love how it turned out.
I just love all the different textures going on here and I can't wait to put it in a frame.


I had a canvas from another project that I just didn't like any more that was painted a light pink.  I sketched out a heart in the center of the canvas.  Using a stencil and some spackle (spackle is used to patch walls and is found at the hardware store, it is very inexpensive).  Pour your embossing powder over the spackle and lightly tap off the extra and heat set.  Not only do you have a wonderful glittery effect but the spackle gives it more dimension like it is double embossed.  Give it a try the results are awesome.

Here is a close up of my flower cluster.

For the heart I tore small scraps of patterned paper and adhered them with Mod Podge, when I was satisfied with that I Mod Podged some white tissue paper over top to the patterned paper scraps, making sure it was nice and wrinkled giving my heart tons of texture.  While the Mod Podge is still wed I poured on the Neutral Shimmer glitter embossing powder and heat set it.  Now it really sparkles and shimmers.  Using gelatos I randomly colored over areas of the heart and using a wet brush lightly blended it in.  I used a pit pen around the edge of the heart and again went over it with a wet brush to blend it in.
Now you are ready to embellish.  I wrapped bakers twine around the canvas and a cluster of flowers and ribbons and tied it all up with a key.

WOW supplies used:

Other supplies used:
May Arts ribbons
Spellbinders Dies
Faber Castell Pit Pen and Gelatos
spackling
tissue paper
scraps of patterned paper
Mod Podge

Thank you so much for taking the time to view my project today I would love to see what you come up with if you try any of these techniques, leave me a link in the comment and I will come check it out.

Comments

Post a Comment