Double Embossing Tutorial a favorite technique

Hello crafty friends, Martha Lucia here to share with you my favorite technique using embossing powders. It is double embossing and you can make this using regular card stock or glossy card stock but I prefer the glossy card stock because it enhances the shininess of the powder. Take a look at my card.


I created this using the stamp set Mariposas created by Maya Isaksson and the stamp set Just Saying created by Marion Emberson. But let me tell you how you can make this fun technique.

1. Cut a piece of glossy card stock and ink it very well with WOW Embossing Pad.
2. Cover the entire piece with your favorite color of WOW Embossing Powder. I used the new color Banana Split WOW Embossing Powder for my sample.
3. Melt the powder with your WOW Heat Tool.
4. If you consider it necessary, repeat the process to enhance the color.

5. Ink your stamp with WOW Embossing Pad and stamp it over the embossed piece of card stock.
6. Cover the stamped image with a second color of WOW Embossing Powder. In my sample I used Florida Sunset WOW Embossing Powder.

7. Remove the excess and melt the powder with the WOW Heat Tool.
8. With this technique you can create background or single stamped images. I wanted a single image and I decided to cut this with my scissors.

To finalize the card, I create a card base using very vanilla card stock and a second layer that I cut using a cross stitched oval. I stamped over this oval two words included on the stamp set Just Saying. For this I used WOW Embossing Pad and Earthtone Grape WOW Embossing Powder. Also, I inked the frame of the oval using the die cut as mat.


I added a tiny butterfly that I cut with a punch on the top using a left over of the first layer of my embossing piece.

Easy and beautiful, don't you think?

I hope my project inspiring you to create and use your WOW Embossing Powders and try the new colors, they are simply gorgeous and perfect for this season.

See you soon!


Where to buy

Comments

  1. A beautiful creation Martha Lucia and I have never tried using embossing powder over an entire background and then adding more EP over the top using that pretty butterfly, and this makes a wonderful topper resting on the double stitched oval which has been so delightfully inked. I love the sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment